JBoss Tools on Ubuntu 8.04

I finished the installation of Ubuntu 8.04 last night. I just became a 100% open source developer by completely dumping windows. The installation was not very straight forward because I encountered several problems with eclipse running on Ubuntu. The following are the things I needed to solve while trying to install my Java development tools:

1. Eclipse keeps on crashing

This problem was really annoying because eclipse keeps on crashing every 5-10 minutes.

Solution:

Just add this at the end of your eclipse.ini (considering that no previous modification to that file was made):

-XX:MaxPermSize=90M

You will need to adjust the size depending on your computers memory.


2. Cannot open any file with JBoss Tools HTML Editor

When opening any file using JBoss Tools HTML Editor, I get a message box with the following error:

/home/jexter/app/eclipse/plugins/org.mozilla.xulrunner.gtk.linux.x86_1.8.1.3-20070904/xulrunner/libjavaxpcomglue.so: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Solution:

Just install libstdc++5 by simply running this:

apt-get install libstdc++5

Don't forget to update your packages first.

16 comments:

Hola mi nombre es Warren de Peru.

Recien tengo un mes usando Ubuntu 8.04
Trabajo con Eclipse IDE, instale el JBoss Tools para trabajar con el Jboss tool web y tenia ese problema, quise volver a intalar nuevamente mi Eclipse porque no encontraba la solucion y gracias a tu blogger pude solucionar gracias y saludos.

Estare atento a las nuevas publicaciones


Hello my name is Warren of Peru.

Latest I have one months using Ubuntu 8.04
Working with Eclipse IDE, install the JBoss Tools for working with the Jboss Web tool and had that problem, I wanted to re-install again because my Eclipse could not find the solution and thanks to your blogger was able to solve thanks and greetings.

I will be attentive to new publications

Note: I don't speak/write English good, but i try to translate because i wrote in Spanish

thank for everything

June 11, 2008 at 9:01 AM  

Thank you! I had the same problem with libstdc++5.

June 18, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

Thank you very much, solved my problem.

June 30, 2008 at 3:49 AM  

Hi,
Thanks a lot: the libstdc++5 was installed and solved my VPE problem

September 1, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

many thanks. you just made my day mate. jan from berlin / germany

September 3, 2008 at 2:36 PM  

Thank you, mate. you save me from jumping off the bridge.

September 4, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

You saved my weekend. Thanks dude!

September 13, 2008 at 5:02 AM  

Thank you.

It's been quite a journey trying to find a working combination of different versions of Ubuntu, JDK, Eclipse, JBoss and JBossTools.

Findings so far:
ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.iso (32bit Intrepid)
sun-java6
jboss-5.0.0.CR2-jdk6.zip
eclipse-jee-ganymede-SR1-linux-gtk.tar.gz
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/development (through Eclipse update dialog)

November 12, 2008 at 3:01 AM  

Thanks heaps! I've just decided to switch over to Ubuntu as well because wireless works out of the box with WPA which it didn't for me in previous versions.

November 16, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

Thanks buddy, you're a life saver!

December 28, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

Thank you for the post. I,ve just finished downloading jboss tool for installing on my ganymade in my Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex. After I instal and start use the html Jboss tool editor, the error appeared. Thank again for the solution.

January 6, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

hi , very thanks

February 3, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

Many thanks!!

February 8, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

Hello! Thanks very much!
I was with the some problem and I solved it installing libstdc++5. But it's valid to remember that it's necessary to install some updates as Birt API on Ganymede.

Best regards...

Felipe Assis

February 23, 2009 at 7:15 AM  

thank you very much for this post.

April 20, 2009 at 6:54 AM  

Working like a charm...

May 3, 2009 at 7:20 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds