I know this topic isn't about j2ee but i'm lately amazed by how system virtualization market have been growing. For the past few weeks, Sun Microsystems acquired Innotek, the creator of virtual box, an open-source counter part of VMWare. Today, Novell just bought PlateSpin (a company that focuses on virtualization systems).

But what is virtualization anyway? I think it's a way of doing something without the physical existence of the required thing or a way to do business without the existence of the system in the same location.

One of the ideas that started popping on my mind is what I call "Social Network Business Applications". These are applications that help businesses manage their daily work while at the same time making it "shareable" between different locations.

Anyway I'll talk more about these ideas later because I still need to think harder about them.

References: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtualization

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds